Houston TX area 402 Pattern Shootout/Grudge Match

Chuck Hochhalter cshochhalter at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 17:51:10 AKST 2004

Emails like beat this beat the **** out of whether you should use a 4
stroke or 2 stoke, what voltage your pack is running versus my pack.  I
fly pattern cause of the people , the challenge of putting the plane
where I want it to be and not where it ends up and the people, and
having fun.  Plus I like beating a few guys with my ARF ( Mark Hunt got
your ears on?) and be able to fly 3 rounds of Intermediate on one tank
of fuel ( Richard Lewis still working on a complete round) Martin Stohr
is trying to figure out what God Ron Barr used to make his previous
pattern plane so successful and the chickens are scared of JOE BO (major
league anyone).  Jim Sheffield is trying to acid dip his plane like the
old drag racers and lower its overall weight from 9.5 to 9.49 so his
ridiculous vertical performance of late is improved.  Tommy Scarmado has
found his ideal landing gear and is just waiting to abuse some Long term
local intermediate class pilots with is ability to improve overall
flight performance.  Mark Hunt is still looking for some insight on what
he has to do to beat Keith Black.. well, not anymore, Keith moved to
Advanced (lucky Mark).  Sorry Keith, but I think a skins style round
robin at NATS would really make for a great event if we could get the
sponsorship money lined up.  Maybe instead of unknowns we threw in a
combat class??/ you know how TV execs love a little drama.

Nuff for now, back to hanger flying.. my last round of visualizing the
maneuvers I scored 10’s each maneuver. (yes Jim Sheffield, even the 2
 ½
rolls opposite)

LATER!!!
Chuck