Excelleron 90

Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 2 07:02:20 AKST 2004

Engine    YS 110  definitely   and move the tank back to the CG location

I used the metal hinges glued in with epoxy. The slots were too large to use
CA hinges. I've heard of people filling the slots & recutting for CA hinges.
I've had NO issues with the metal hinges and I've probably stress tested my
plane more than most  <G>
After namy flights and a few deadstick "offRunwy" landings, I had one
aileron linkage come loose - Fortunately I heard the flutter & recgonised
the sound. Landed and tightened everything up and all was well. The hinges
took a pretty good stress test and held fine.

Yes the covering job is Very Good and BTW  it is Ultracote.

Eddie