Rear bearing

Alan Schiaffino alan at schiaffino.org
Sat May 22 14:34:55 AKDT 2004

Usually you can spot a bad bearing if it makes a sound like metal slightly
rubbing. Sometimes you can even hear them when the engine is on idle. If
you are loosing glow plugs way to often it could be that your bearing is
beginning to come apart. On Friday, I started my engine and then stopped;
I could not flip it over. One small piece of the retainer was missing.

--alan