Lead acid battery charging

Global TJS at mail.global-electronics.com
Fri May 14 20:27:30 AKDT 2004

I use a 12V  UNREGULATED wall wart plug in power supply at 500mAh.  On
my 7 Ah sealed lead acid that means a charge for about 14 hours, but I
have charged longer without any problem.  The reason for the unregulated
stipulation is that a 12V wall wart puts out about 15V when not
regulated.  The 12V battery needs around 13.5v to charge, the higher
voltage I've found not to be a problem in the last 10 years. Haven't had
it fail yet!

Tim