Back to a two-year rules cycle and judging certification

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu May 13 14:33:12 AKDT 2004

On May 13, 2004, at 2:00 PM, Don Ramsey wrote:

> No, there are no recertification classes for FAI this year.  I decided
> since there were only minor changes we would not require everyone to
> recertify until next year.  NATS judges will be briefed at the pilots
> meeting.  There are some differences such as those Troy recently
> posted.  Here are the major ones.
>
> I'm answering these questions based on the Powerpoint presentation
> given by Bob Skinner and the presentation I'll use for the
> Team Selection Finals (Ron I got it right) at the NATS.

Good!  I am personally glad that there's no need for FAI
recertification this year, because I am leaving for the Baton Rouge
contest in the morning.  After I return, I have two days to pack for a
three-week trip to England, Scotland and Wales, returning on June 8th.
After that I don't see the opportunity to attend a recertification
class until the Nats.  BTW, I plan to get off the NSRCA Discussion List
on May 18th because I don't want messages to overflow my mailbox while
I'm gone.

Don's aside to me about the F3A Team Selection Finals is because he,
among many, called the contest the Team Trials, which it isn't.  I
chided him in a personal e-mail earlier and asked him to use the
correct name.  I suppose that some call it the Team Trials, because the
events to select the U.S. Olympic teams are called team trials.  The
correct name for our contest is the F3A Team Selection Finals.  End of
preaching.

Ron Van Putte