Idle question

Hotrod34a at aol.com Hotrod34a at aol.com
Wed May 12 04:42:54 AKDT 2004

I too experience this same condition with all of my engines.  I believe that the engine is somewhat loaded up more when you first start it up on the ground, even though we usually clear it out somewhat.  But in flight, the engine actually gets cleared out and runs leaner, as we all know, hence the faster idle when landing. At least this is what appears to be happening to me.  As also mentioned, the servo repeatability, linkage, mount, etc.  All can contribute to this condition.  Larry....