dual pushrods

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Tue May 11 20:21:14 AKDT 2004

In this part of the country I was the first to use dual elev pushrods ( .068 to .070 carbon ), which was a natural progression from the steel rods of the same diameter, at one fifth the weight. This was about 1987. My pull-pull test for the the ca'd elev end fittings was picking up a step-ladder. I was never real happy with the various conduits I tried. The teflon material availiable now evidently works very well. All of my future elev hookups will be pull-pull with an upright servo. This solves many problems: weight, resonances, slop, etc, etc