NiMH batteries, specifics

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Sat May 8 20:22:26 AKDT 2004

Mike,  I have used the Hobbico Hydrimax 1450 5 cell packs for a yr now
and they seem pretty good.  I just got a 3 packs from Hangtime Hobbies
(No BS Brand) and they seem to be well made and it cycles at rated
capacity - as a bonus I don't have to give $$ to the Tower/Hobbico/Great
Planes cartel.  Everyone says to look for the Sanyo cells as being the
best.  I was a big SR Batteries nicad fan, but for the same weight you
get twice the capacity in nimh.  Make sure your fast charger is
compatible with nimh since the peak detection works a little differently
from nicads.
Chris