Baton Rouge

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat May 8 10:24:42 AKDT 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 9:09 AM, Chuck Hochhalter wrote:

> Haven’t heard much chatter about the upcoming contest here.  Being
> this is my first time to the contest, any suggestions on places to
> stay?

The Super 8 in Port Allen, LA.   (225) 381 9134  When making
reservations, say, "model airplanes".  Good place - looks like a walled
fortress.  They have a free breakfast.

> Oh, and where is the field located?

About 18 miles west of the Mississippi River, just off I-10.  Take I-10
Exit 135 (Rahma).  Go south about two miles and look for the field on
the left.  There's usually a sign at the turnoff.

> So far, I understand I need some tundra tires as they have a grass
> field.

If you can take off and land on a hard surface runway, you can take off
and land on their runway, because the have a really nice grass runway.

CD is Jim Thompson (225) 356 0498

> Any help is appreciated.

You're welcome.  See you there.

Ron Van Putte