Focus 2 Elevator Pushrod

Norman Ellis nxmxellis at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 18:07:04 AKDT 2004

I use a couple lengths of plastic tubing (outer
nyrods, antenna tubes, etc), insert them through the
exits, run them all the way up to the servo
compartment. Then insert the forked pushrods all the
way into the nyrods, push back on the pushrod while
easing the nyrods out the back. The forks are guided
out the exits by the nyrod tubing. Works first time
every time.

The trickiest part is the plastic tubes will sometimes
hang up on formers on their way up into the servo
comp't. I find I can guide them somewhat by using
thumb pressure right at the exit, bends them enough on
the way in that they can be "aimed" up the middle of
the fuselage. It also helps to elongate the exit
another half inch or so toward the rear.

Usually the nyrod tubes will cross in the middle of
the fuselage, so the right-side tube tends to the left
side of the servo compartment & vice versa. When the
forks get back beyond the crossover point the whole
assembly will rotate 180 degrees. If your pushrod is
configured with a definite "top" & "bottom" you may
have to start it in upside down, and let it rotate to
right side up.