Pattern plane questions, please help!

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Mar 31 06:35:15 AKST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 8:27 AM, Anthony Romano wrote:

> The 2000 is a more current wide body design. They also make a Giles
> that is more scale looking. All can be done in wood and foam. All fly
> well but seem to have too much wing to snap and spin real well but not
> a concern until you reach the Advanced class.
> The Boxer series is also a good wood airplane. A little smaller
> designed for the YS 1.20. Would probably work well with the Thunder
> Tiger 1.20 RE. Check The thread on RCuniverse for Boxer availability.

All my experience with the Thunder Tiger engines has been very
positive.  I have a small hobby shop and have sold more than 100 of the
Thunder Tiger engines.  Of course the GP.42 and the Pro .46 have been
the most popular, but I have sold both of their 4-stroke engines and a
few of the 1.20s to customers, all of whom are happy with them.  I
have used and liked the 1.20 SE in a IMAC-type airplane.   Now the 1.20
RE comes as a pumped and an unpumped version.  The good news is the the
pumped version of the 1.20 is currently on sale and would make a great
buy for someone who needs that size motor.  You can get the engine,
pipe and header for under $200.  There was a "buy it now" Thunder Tiger
1.20RE pumped engine, pipe and header on E-Bay a couple of weeks ago
for $195.

Ron Van Putte