YS Engines

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 28 19:07:21 AKST 2004

Edward C. Hernandez wrote:

>    Ok, time for another newbie question: it seems to me from the
> discussion and contest results and a few copies of the K factor that
> Kane gave me at the D4 contest last year that pattern pilots prefer YS
> engines, yet YS engines don't seem to dominate in other kinds of
> flying(IMAC, scale, fun fly, etc). Um, why?
>
> Ed Hernandez

YS only builds glow engines, so that rules out large IMAC planes.  YS's
advantage over all other engines is in throttle control, and pattern and
IMAC guys are the only ones who care about throttle control.  They are
higher priced, somewhat higher maintenance, heavier, and have less power
(exceptions being the 140DZ and 63), so you have to really care about
throttle control to run them.

 From my perspective, at least.