SmaragdZ CG

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 09:05:23 AKST 2004

Yeah
.Greg is who I was referring to.....

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586
K6XYZ[at]comcast[dot]net
Torrance, Ca.
-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]
On Behalf Of Troy Newman
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:54 AM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: SmaragdZ CG

Greg Frohriech's is forward....and it flies well there. Actually if you
move the wing forward then you don't need weight in the tail to balance.
The original has servos in the stabs. My model has about 2-3 ozs in the
stab tube.

Greg is running a single elevator servo up front also and his model
doesn't have the tail weight......

They fly about the same. His is 2 stroke so its tough to really
tell....but flying wise I can't seem to find much of a difference. Its
subtle....If I built another I think I would move the wing about 1/2"
forward to help my CG situation anyway. Its a very good model. One of
the best I have ever owned. I have about 3500+ flights on 2 Smaragds.
Flying then now on the 4th year.

TN