SmaragdZ CG

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Mar 25 08:54:02 AKST 2004

Greg Frohriech's is forward....and it flies well there. Actually if you move the wing forward then you don't need weight in the tail to balance. The original has servos in the stabs. My model has about 2-3 ozs in the stab tube.

Greg is running a single elevator servo up front also and his model doesn't have the tail weight......

They fly about the same. His is 2 stroke so its tough to really tell....but flying wise I can't seem to find much of a difference. Its subtle....If I built another I think I would move the wing about 1/2" forward to help my CG situation anyway. Its a very good model. One of the best I have ever owned. I have about 3500+ flights on 2 Smaragds. Flying then now on the 4th year.

TN