Remote Glow

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 22 12:35:20 AKST 2004

Keith,

The reason I suspect it will no longer stay ON is because the hole in the
fitting has worn. Have a look at it and you will notice the hole has
probably elongated because of excessive movement. This is the reason I use
the silicon around the connector to keep the fitting from moving against the
engine. You want the fitting to move with the engine. The technique also
protects the plug shaft. I have seen a glow plug fail with the centre
section falling out. This was a result of the additional weight on the plug
shaft.

  _____