Wing repair question

Legend5rc at aol.com Legend5rc at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 21:02:33 AKST 2004

Well, I finally did it.  After six years of flying pattern, I finally caused
damage to one of my planes.  Engine died on the landing pattern and I could
not get back to the runway.  Did manage to catch a fence in the process though.
Caused minor damage to one of my wings.  I have already removed a section two
inches wide by 1.5 inches deep, cleaning out a gash that was created by the
fence.  My question to this list is about the repair.  I have done repairs like
this before, but never on a wing as thin as this, and never on an airplane
that I care as much about doing a bang up job on (pun intended) fixing properly.
 I am a little concerned about making sure the repaired area is strong
enough.  The damaged region is 2 inches outboard of the landing gear so at least it
is not in a very highly loaded zone.  Any suggestions people may have would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike Cohen