Monokote help required

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Wed Mar 17 08:00:41 AKST 2004

Hi Pete,
I don't know exactly what your problem is, but your surface preparation may be an issue. The very finest monokote work I have ever seen is done by an ex-Pattern type from Long Island by the name of Stuart Chale. He claimed to have been taught to sand down to #600 sandpaper, and to even burnish the wood with the back side of the sandpaper in high visibility areas. Shiny is good. He uses a tack cloth, as well.

The mentholated spirits may be an issue. You might try to remove cleaning with methanol. I suspect there is a residue causing your bubbling problem.
Dean P.