Monokote help required

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Mar 17 07:04:18 AKST 2004

--On Thursday, March 18, 2004 1:50 AM +1000 Peter Pennisi <pentagon.systems at bigpond.com> wrote:

> ... My preparation (regarded by my flying buddies is excellent) the wing is one piece and was
> wiped down with mentholated spirits to get any loose grain to lift.  I have final sanded the
> wing with 1200, Timber is shinny. ...

I've never reached that level of perfection myself.

I remember reading that it's possible to sand the
balsa too smooth for monokote to stick.

You may have reached that point.

Balsarite or some similar covering prep might help.

Try your monokote on a less-sanded piece of scrap
balsa.  If it sticks well, then you know what went
wrong.

I had a bad roll of maroon monokote once.  There just
wasn't enough adhesive on it.  I took it back to the
store and got a replacement roll.

						Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org