Monokote help required

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 17 06:50:37 AKST 2004

Hi All,

I know this subject has been discussed many times.

I am currently having some big issues using Monokote - primarily white.
Question is can this material go off. I cannot seem to get it to stick
properly. If I try to use more heat it will start to bubble. Less heat does
nothing.

My preparation (regarded by my flying buddies is excellent) the wing is one
piece and was wiped down with mentholated spirits to get any loose grain to
lift.  I have final sanded the wing with 1200, Timber is shinny.

An air compressor with water reservoir was used to blow clean the wing. I
then vacuumed the wing. I then used a tack cloth to remove final traces of
dust and finally I wiped the wing down with a paper towel with a small
amount of acetone to clean the timber prior to covering.

Mates are using other products more successfully with less fuss. Is it me or
is Monokote over-rated. Help needed please.

Regards,

Peter