AirScoop Observation

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 18:41:58 AKST 2004

As I was making the cowl scoop for the Arresti, I tried to locate it where maximum air flow would be directed to the area of the crankcase in the vicinity of the main bearing.  Through trial and error, and directing airflow into the scoop, I found that without an internal dam, or deflector, that practically no air was being forced onto the engine.
    Just wondering if this is an accidental discovery, and everyone else already knew this?
    And that there is an "optimum" spacing aft of the spinner to force the greatest air in the area we need?

Anyone else made similar observations?

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net