receiver antenna placement (antenna guide)

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 22:13:12 AKST 2004

I don't have a focus, but have a suggestion. Drill a hole in each formers
that you need to run the nyrod through. Then simply slip the nyrod through
the hole(s).

How do you drill the whole WAY down the fuse? Take a long dowel (1/2" or so
wide) and drill a hole directly into the end of the dowel. This hole should
be sized so it will be a very tight fit for the drill bit you'll use to
drill the former holes. Press the drill bit into the hole in the end of the
dowel and reach down the tail and drill the holes by turning the dowel with
your hands. It really doesn't take much to drill a hole through balsa or
even ply formers (not sure what's used on the focus).

Best of luck,
Keith Black