Stainless Steel Bearings

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 25 05:07:43 AKDT 2004

Does anyone know the NTN part number for the OS 140 RX SS bearing set. I work for the second largest bearing distributor in North America and could get them for 2% above cost if I had the part number. Otherwise I have to take mine out and mic it.

We also distribute some very cool linear motion items that, if lighter, would be great in a pattern plane. We have a SS shaft, which I suppose could be carbon fiber, that runs through a long cylinder containing ball bearings in a serpentine arrangement. It guarantees precise linear motion with almost no friction whatsoever. If the cylinder were 30 feet long, a small push would send the shaft all the way to the other end. If I were more industrious, or had the time, I would take it home and rework it to make it lighter.

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:

On Jun 25, 2004, at 4:10 AM, Jerry Budd wrote:

> I used to carry the OS 1.40 SS bearings but I quit running the OS.
> That and I discovered a retailer in NY that was selling them online
> for less than I could purchase them for:
> https://www.shinyei.co.jp/AFCBearings/index.htm (I have no idea if
> they're any good). So I quit carrying them.

Which bearing from this source is the correct SS bearing for the OS
1.40RX?

Ron Van Putte