Stainless Steel Bearings

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Jun 23 13:24:14 AKDT 2004

Who carries the OS 1.40 SS bearing?
Doesn't Jerry Budd carry this bearing?

Wayne G.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Verne Koester
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Bearings

  The stock O.S. 1.4 EFI bearing is stainless and shielded, the one for the RX is not. My original bearing (non-shielded) was shot within 5 gallons and a friend of mine only got 3 gallons on his. I put in the EFI shielded bearing with the shields left in and it's still going strong and smooth after 20 gallons. The EFI bearing is a drop-in replacement for the RX since they both use the same crankcase. I've since bought a second RX and replaced the original bearing with the EFI bearing before I even started it up for the first time. BTW, all bearings are not created equal. I'd recommend the O.S. packaged version as it's an NTN high quality bearing packed with hi-temp grease that'll stand up to the temps we operate at.

  Verne