o.s. 160 question

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 17:52:18 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 6/20/2004 10:52:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:
5.  Current setup is the best I have - OS 1.60, Cool Power 15%, A5 plug,
Mueller header, AeroSlave Pre-production CF pipe, VP 30 pump, APC 15.75 x 12
(Lockhart Re-twist), turning about 8100, pipe is at 24.5", plug to baffle
(following curve of header length)  Needle is open One Turn + 2 clicks richer from
closed.  Will idle all day, transitions linearly, doesn't load up, and has beau
coup power....LOTS...(ask anyone at KC this weekend!!!)
    ** NO ** midrange problems.

I tried the hopper tank, the Cline regulator and the Perry pump. All worked
well, but best results were with the Perry pump.
The sweetest setup I have seen however, is Eric Henderson's that he adapted a
1.40RX pump to.
OS needs to wake up and offer the 1.60 with a pump. Trimming a tad of weight
would be nice also. They have a monster engine on their hands, it just needs a
little massage!

Robert Gainey