o.s. 160 question

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 18:22:50 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 6/19/2004 8:04:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
flyintexan at houston.rr.com writes:
I am running the OS in intermediate as well.  I used the iron bay with some
success, until it locked open during a sequence, flooding out the motor.  My
setup with the regulator and greve pipe always ran rich in the midrange.  It
got better when I lengthened the pipe, but not perfect.  With that setup it
flew the outside loop o.k., but I always throttled up just before the very
bottom of the loop.  As it would come up through mid range, a bit of smoke,
maybe a cough, and away we go.
Thanks for the info.  I too am running a Greve.  I've tried an Iron Bay
regulator with a Cline one way valve after the IB vavel failed, am unsatisfied with
the midrange, and am ready to go to the Perry pump. What is the length you
are running on your Greve, from the glowplug, around the header, to the end of
the main body of the pipe?  What prop?  I have no one around me running a
similar setup, so I'm looking for a "cookbook" formula that works.

Thanks.

Jon Lowe