Why this stance?

Ed Alt Ed_Alt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:39:07 AKDT 2004

Gabriel:
Some say that by turning yourself to face the model, it tends to contribute to your lines drifting in and out.  Because of that, it may be that some stand that way just to stay planted and help resist turning left & right towards the model at the ends of the box.  That aside, you don't want to point your antenna at the model anyway.  The radiation pattern of the antenna type we use is weakest going straight out from the tip.  Best bet is to point your antenna fairly straight up.  Assuming it's a swivel joint type, you can face anyway you like and not point the weak part of the RF field at the model.
Ed