Torque rolling foamy

Mike East mweast at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 3 17:35:32 AKDT 2004

Hi Paul,
I just ordered a 3dfoamy Extra300LX the other day but it hasnt come in yet. Im really REALLY excited about it. Its a 40" wingspan and will weigh out at about 15oz from what the guy at www.3Dfoamy.com told me.
 I am planning on powering it with a Himax2015-4100 same as you. From what I understand from 3Dfoamy it draws about 11.2 amps with a GWS6.6:1"D" geabox and 12x6 prop at full throttle. Question, is the 4100 enough to 3D with authority? I havent ordered anything but a plane kit yet($58 with ALL needed hardware except wheels). I am really fired up about getting that little jewel in the air, looks like just TOO much fun.

Mike East
Nederland, Texas

PATTERNPAUL at cs.com wrote:
Hi all,

       I was flying my foamy tonight and was actually able to torque roll and hover about a foot of the ground for the first time in a semi-controlled state.  These things are great 3D trainers, although I think my 1/3 Sukhoi does harriers and elevators better.  Could be my setup or power setting on the foamy though.  I did this for almost the full 20 minute battery run and didn't even break a prop.  I have an APC 11x7 that I am going to try soon to see how I like it compared to the GWS 12x6.  BTW, do any of you use prop savers?  I bought one at my local hobby shop, but have not tried it yet.  I am flying a Himax 4100, GWS D gearbox, CC 25 speed controller and 3 cell Lipos.  What is the approximate current draw with this setup?  I think this is a pretty standard setup.  Especially for those of us flying the Fancy Foam planes.  Sorry to be rambling on and on, but I was excited with my flying tonight and wanted to share my experience.  Now, if I can control the torque rolling and  just
 hold a hover I will be even happier.  I even landed by catching the plane from a hover tonight.  That was a first for me too.  Hope everone has been keeing them in the air.

Paul LaChance
Chesapeake, VA USA