Torque rolling foamy

PATTERNPAUL at cs.com PATTERNPAUL at cs.com
Thu Jun 3 17:06:38 AKDT 2004

Hi all,

       I was flying my foamy tonight and was actually able to torque roll and
hover about a foot of the ground for the first time in a semi-controlled
state.  These things are great 3D trainers, although I think my 1/3 Sukhoi does
harriers and elevators better.  Could be my setup or power setting on the foamy
though.  I did this for almost the full 20 minute battery run and didn't even
break a prop.  I have an APC 11x7 that I am going to try soon to see how I
like it compared to the GWS 12x6.  BTW, do any of you use prop savers?  I bought
one at my local hobby shop, but have not tried it yet.  I am flying a Himax
4100, GWS D gearbox, CC 25 speed controller and 3 cell Lipos.  What is the
approximate current draw with this setup?  I think this is a pretty standard setup.
 Especially for those of us flying the Fancy Foam planes.  Sorry to be
rambling on and on, but I was excited with my flying tonight and wanted to share my
experience.  Now, if I can control the torque rolling and  just hold a hover I
will be even happier.  I even landed by catching the plane from a hover
tonight.  That was a first for me too.  Hope everone has been keeing them in the
air.

Paul LaChance
Chesapeake, VA USA