Perry Pumps

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 10:05:42 AKDT 2004

There are two types of Perry pumps.
One runs off crankcase pressure (so requuires you tap into the case,
and run a line to the pump) and pumps fuel from a non-pressurized vented tank to the carb.

There is another type Perry, that uses vibration to actuate a pumping
action.  It too pumps fuel from a non-pressurized tank to the carb.  No
crankcase tap is needed, pump must be mounted near engine so it gets vibrated.  I'm not sure how critical mounting and orientation of the vibrating pump is.

Later,
Ron Lockhart

>Clear something up for me, please guys.I'm a little confused about the operation
of a Perry pump. Is a Perry pump actually a pump and if so what does it derive
it's power from? I was under the impression that it was a regulator like the
Cline and required pressurizing the tank from the crankcase pressure, but I see
in Wayne's post that he states no need to pressurize the tank so therefore I
must now conclude that it must truly be a pump, but how the heck does it work,
guys. Help me out here, please.
G.<