OS 1.60 Issues

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Wed Jun 2 17:36:22 AKDT 2004

Vicente,

Arrange the plumbing in both tanks as you would normally for a 2 line
setup. Pick-up from hopper-tank will go to carburetor. Have the vent
from the hopper-tank go to the pickup of the main-tank. Vent of the
main-tank goes to pressure fitting on muffler or pipe.
You can install "T"fittings in both, the line to the carburetor and the
pressure line to the muffler or pipe for filling the tanks.
I have had good results with the filler valve from Dubro in the line to the
carburetor instead of the "T". The valve shuts off the flow to the carb
and prevents flooding of the engine when filling the tanks. I know that a
number of flyers have complaint about the filler valve to leak after a
number
of uses. The trick is to put a drop of oil in the valve to lubricate the
"O"rings
and prevent them from being sheared when inserting the filler nozzle.
The small pieces getting shaved from the "O" rings will get stuck in the
valve and make it leak.