YS140L Problem

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Jun 1 11:25:11 AKDT 2004

"I don't even know what part to replace".

My advice......the engine

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Don Ramsey" <donramsey at cox-internet.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
06/01/2004 01:32 PM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     <discussion at nsrca.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        YS140L Problem

I was starting my YS140L yesterday and heard a clunk.  When I opened the
back plate there as a brass fitting loose in the rear chamber under the
piston.  It's about 3/8 in long by 3/16 diameter.  It appeared to be a
press
fit into something.  It does fit in the center hole in the crankshaft.
This
is a large piece and couldn't have come from many places.  I reassembled
the
engine and it ran about 400 RPM more than before but leaked fuel through
the
carb on shutdown.  Anyone know what or where this piece was and what it
does?  I don't even know what part to replace.

Don