YS140L Problem

Karl G. Mueller kgamueller at rogers.com
Tue Jun 1 11:18:41 AKDT 2004

Don,

It did come out of the center of the crankshaft. The crankshafts are still
drilled as the 120AC's were for the bypass to the regulator. Now the
pressure pulse to operate the diaphragm is routed externally. I guess it
saves a bit of weight to have the crankshaft hollow even with the small
hole.
Put a few centerpunch marks on the O.D. of the plug and reinstall it.
Make sure it is tight enough and won't come loose again. If you find
your engine is running better without it, leave it out. The early versions
did not have the plug in it.

Karl G. Mueller
kgamueller at rogers.com