More Webra problems

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 14:54:17 AKDT 2004

Another good method we have used here in hot and muggy FLA is to do as Jim
sez with tapping the backplate of the 145, but running the separate Perry P30
pump and stock webra 145 TN carb. Really works well since the pump is out in the
breeze and gets plenty of cooling keeping it from cavitating.

The stock webra pump is suspect and has ruined many a practice session or
contest for many guys, me included. In my experience the engine itself is
excellent with outstanding handling characteristics, as long as fuel delivery to the
carb is done correctly. FWIW

Gordon, BTW, the Mintor has more problems than just fuel delivery, You might
want to use caution.  I recommend you get the 140RX. replace the bearing with
the stainless steel before you even run it and then enjoy a couple years of
trouble free service. Many guys run this set-up with excellent results
MattK
Gordon
I bought a regular backplate for my Webra 145,tapped for a pressure fitting,
and installed a cline regulater and a check valve which comes with the cline
regulater. You now will have the tank pressurized similar to a YS system.This
setup broadens the needle adjustments and makes the webra run well.
Just make sure you mount the regulater as close to the carburater as
possible,like 3 inches. I used this setup last summer.I also had problems with the
finnicky pump and this is the only way I could make this excellant engine to run
reliable.
You spend 70+ more and have a good setup.

Jim Ivey