Creative Nose Ring Mounting?

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 07:35:16 AKDT 2004

 Bob wouldn't itbe easier to obtain an Hyde ARI mount? Yes it's expensive but if it works it's worth it in my opinion. Mike

Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:What I did a while back was to drill the firewall corners and install 3/16" carbon tubing, similar to a Hanson arrangement. The tubing essentially formed the four legs of chair, extending forward and coming together into a seat. The seat of the chair formed the nose ring. The nose ring was made from rubber sheet. Worked well enough but wasn't easily removable.

Eventually I opted to remove all that and mount the cowling permanently instead. I opted for a hatch on the bottom of the cowling for engine access and that assembly worked better and was lighter. Good l,uck Bob

MattK