Any 90-size as good as the Quest(Eddie)

Mike East mweast at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 30 14:00:00 AKDT 2004

That outside loop is a little trickier than one might think coming into it. I find that I have to get back into the throttle at about 3 o'clock and really work the rudder quite a bit to keep the heading right. In my case I have actually added a good bit of left rudder mix to down elevator so that I dont have to fight it so much, that allows me to focus on the geometry more. That mix also helps the lines anywhere down elevator is used.  Also patience on the last 1/4 is a biggie. Its easy to make it look like a paper clip if you arent careful and get impatient. I push pretty hard till about the 9 oclock position (flying left to right) and then just let it ease over the top, seems like it takes forever to get back to 12 o clock but it looks great when I get it right.  Fun Fun Fun....

Hows the new H9 Extra working out?? Im so jealous. I have gone the other way and started flying foamies with a brushless setup. They are way too much fun to be legal, you need to get you one, seriously. They are an absolute blast to fly, I can torque roll mine for the better part of a flight now. Low fear factor, High fun factor!!

Mike

Chuck Hochhalter <cshochhalter at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
Mike, its great to hear you are finding more time to fly!! I have flown 3 times since the last contest and just lost a lot of focus.  The last time at the field though was nice, I was able to “reload” myself and flew some great sequences.  I was really frustrated at my first two outings and feel like I am back on track.

Paul sounds like he has been burning a lot of fuel in the “off” time that us lowly sportsman have had during the intersession and l look forward to feeling his “HEAT”!\

I too have messed (loosely) with the intermediate sequence some and find the outside loop from the top down a little unnerving as I am used to sport flying my outside loops “up”.  SO, I have much to learn grasshopper.

In the mean time, I have been doing some R&D for a small manufacturing company that is building tailless ducted fan and pusher configuration airplanes and will be a demo pilot as well!!!

Well, catch up with you some more later

Paul: bring you’re a game to Lubbock big boy!!!!!! (you are coming right?)

Chuck Hochhalter

NSRCA DISTRICT 6 (Best in the good ole USA)  J