8411 and 8411SA torque specs.

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Thu Jul 29 05:59:49 AKDT 2004

>From a strictly mechanical point of view and as a practical matter--and all gear sizes being equal, the metal gears will take more ABUSE.  The rating would be driven by the torque of the driver, in this case--the motor.  Less likely to strip them out on hard landings or whacking surfaces on the tailgate.  It would be interesting to do a study on air loads in a typical pattern ship on what the ideal ratings would be--probably much lower than many of us think!

Richard
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Krueger
  To: NSRCA
  Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 9:55 PM
  Subject: 8411 and 8411SA torque specs.

  I found that the torque rating from JR on the 8411 and 8411 SA are the same!

  I would think that this means that the SA  plastic gear version is capable of handling the same torque as the metal gear, at least I would hope it means their "toughness" is the same.

  I would expect that if the SA versions gears could not handle the torque without failing that they would rate the two servos differently.....What I am getting at is if the ratings are the same why would a person ever use the metal gear version?  If the ratings are the same than the plastic SA's gear train must be just as tough as the metal gear 8411.

  In other words can I use the 8411SA on a 35% plane with as much confidence as using a 8411 metal gear?

  flierbk