8411 and 8411SA torque specs.

Bill Krueger wkrueger1 at wi.rr.com
Wed Jul 28 18:55:53 AKDT 2004

I found that the torque rating from JR on the 8411 and 8411 SA are the same!

I would think that this means that the SA  plastic gear version is capable of handling the same torque as the metal gear, at least I would hope it means their "toughness" is the same.

I would expect that if the SA versions gears could not handle the torque without failing that they would rate the two servos differently.....What I am getting at is if the ratings are the same why would a person ever use the metal gear version?  If the ratings are the same than the plastic SA's gear train must be just as tough as the metal gear 8411.

In other words can I use the 8411SA on a 35% plane with as much confidence as using a 8411 metal gear?

flierbk