8411 conversion to SA

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 15:03:25 AKDT 2004

I have a question in regard the conversion from metal to nylon gears.  I have two planes one is older.  Both with 8411 and 9411 metal gears.  When I flew the new one with new servos I could not feel any difference in the air compared with the old plane.  The new plane didn't not have any noticiable slop.  Now both have develop some slop and looks like the slop does not change with time.  I can feel the slop with my hands but I can not feel it in the air.  Both planes are flying great.  Are you guys having the same experience? if yes, why we need to replace the gears?
Please don't tell me that I am too old to feel the difference.  I know that the first problem you notice is that trim changes continuosly.  Unfortunetely, this could be true since I am more than 50 forever.
Vicente Bortone