new model

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Jul 8 09:38:10 AKDT 2004

Hi guys,
For anyone interested, my new Pattern model, named "The Cutting
Edge" can be viewed on my club's newsletter by going to the website:
www.carcmc.org and when the homepage comes up click on "Members
Area" and a dialogue box will appear requesting a user name and a
password. For "user name" type in "carcmc" and for password type in
"propnut". The newsletter is 4 pages. I think the photo is on page
2  and if you go to the 4th page you will see another photo of the
underside where you can see my notorious "double mousse can
muffler".
The plane is a full 2 meter version of my Fresca from last year and
once again flew off the drawing board with one click of up elevator
and thats all. No mix anywhere and it flies at least as well as my
Focus.
Section is about 9%, 1000"sq. weighs just under 10&1/2, YS-L, and is
humongously wide and high. Flies KE quite a long ways even before
you throw in the rudder. Couple is virtually non-existant. Has no
temperature coeficient trim cange issues. Servos are just ahead of
the stab and the CG is currently at 32% and I think I'm going to
leave it right where it is.It flies so well you go home shaking your
head in wonder.
I've been very fortunate to learn a lot of design standards from a
lot of the really knowledgeable pattern ship designers I've talked
with at the Nats and then backing it up with cut and try has proved
to be quite rewarding.
Georgie