New NMP headers

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Thu Jul 8 03:16:46 AKDT 2004

In 40 flights with a 140FZ, mine has loosened up twice.  The first time I
was using standard high temp silicone and breaking in a new engine.  I
reassembled using "Ultra Copper" 700 degree silicone being very careful to
follow all of Troy's suggestions.  This held for about 30 flights before the
tell-tale black streaks reappeared.  I do have the header brace installed.
So I guess I've had limited luck with it...

Scott