Smaragd-z for sale "Electic Eclipse information"

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 04:23:08 AKDT 2004

Steve:
?Can you give us a report on the electric Eclipse?
I am interested on the following:
1.- Weight of the plane. I am sure that we can compare with the IC engines since many have the Eclipse.
2.- Base on information around the Eclipse is usually over 10 lb.  I did some checking and the penalty weight of electric could be easily 0.75 lb to 1 lb.  Therefore, you will need to trim at least 3/4 lb to get the same weight.  Is this correct?
3.- How you installed the battery?
4.- What motor ,battery and prop are you using?
5.- Did you fly it?  if yes, How handle windy conditions?
6.- Usually the prop is very large.  Any problems with landing gear?
Thanks,
Vicente Bortone

I have just finished converting my Eclipse to an electric set up. So.....................I have a new Smaragd-z for sale. It is only one year old with less than 30 flights. This plane is in excellent condition. It is set up for the OS140 or Mentor engine, ES2C140L90 pipe and JR servos. Weight is only 10#-4oz. I am asking $1200 (price reduced) for the plane with Hyde clone mount and Tettra fuel tank. I will also include the dual JR DS3421 elevator servos. I can send pictures of the plane. I am planning on attending the Nats so I can deliver the plane there. Please e-mail me privately for further info.
Thanks
Steve