YS FZ91 Problem

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Jan 29 09:14:40 AKST 2004

If it has been back for service then the problem is inside the model.
Richard runs them all on a test stand before they leave his shop. He makes sure that they work and are all setup.....

SO .......next step....

Motor Mount loose?

Throttle servo bad? crappy throttle servos are a common occurrence. The thinking is well its the go handle....all it has to do is move the throttle works. Well many cheapy servo are not very good at holding position and enter the vibration that might be involved especially at idle....Well they will jump around.
I tend to use a very good servo on the throttle....

Idle just too low? should be 2000 or maybe 2100-2200...not 1600-1800
Fuel used? Many times the low nitro fuel like 10 or 15% will have inconsistent idle this is why you should use at least 20% Nitro

Tank problems or maybe a fuel filter that is leaking or partially clogged up....Under full power sometimes a clogged or restricted fuel filter will not show up as easily as its got such a high flow rate...at idle the flow rate is less and sometimes a partial clog in the filter...same thing for leaks.

Plug? OS #F or YS plug...and its in good shape? Maybe trade it out.

If all this doesn't help then try some leak free gaskets to stop any leaks if there are any...my guess is no because Richard would have replaced any gaskets.

Troy Newman