YS FZ91 Problem

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 08:20:01 AKST 2004

He stated that it's been back to Richard already; they haven't fixed the
problem.
Have they run the engine on a test stand? Sometimes that can be very
instructive.  I know that the engine works well on the ground, only
problem being at idle for landing.  How does it take prolonged idle in
the air if landing isn't intended?  Frequently, the longest period of
time the engine is at idle, is in the landing setup and landing pattern.
 What kind of RPM's is the engine set for at idle?

Bill Glaze