Need Some Help-Focus version 1

fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Wed Jan 28 10:23:49 AKST 2004

I am getting ready to setup my preowned Focus version 1.  The previous
owner had an OS 140 installed.  I am putting a Mintor 170 in which is the
same weight.  He had installed 2 Hitec 225MG servos in the tail for the
elevator halves.  I am not a big fan of the 225MG series of servos so I
bought some mid size digital servos to replace the 225MG servos.  The more
I am thinking about it should I put the digitals in there or should I patch
it and put a bell crank in.  It seems to me to be a wash as far as weight
goes and the dual servos my even be a lighter option.  For the bell crank
system I have the weight of a larger servo, bell crank, carbon pushrod to
the bell crank, then bell crank pushrods to the elevator halves.  The two
small digital servos weigh approx 2 oz for both of them.  I don’t have any
problem doing the mixing of 2 elevator servos.  So would the only deciding
factor between the 2 options be CG?  I may be over thinking this but hey
that is one of the fun things with this hobby.  Any help or advice would be
appreciated.

Michael Laggis
NSRCA 3618

http://mail2web.com/ .