Thanks ........

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Jan 26 09:59:18 AKST 2004

I used the "dual" contest approach once at our district champs a few years back...we had 16 or 18 masters pilots and only 25 total pilots.  We created 2 groups and ran them as seperate classes.  After 4 rounds we took the top 3 in each and had a 3 round finals.

It worked....ok.  The main thing it provided was judges.  I was able to use one set of Masters pilots to judge the other for the pre-lims without forcing the remaining 8 Adv/Int guys to sit through 3 hour rounds 6 times in a row.

The end result was probably a good ranking...but many felt left out that they only flew 4 rounds.

We now have a larger turnout and better distribution...and I follow Ron's other suggestion...having the line continue from line A directly to Line B to fly.  I.e. they fly 2 rounds back to back.  It's MUCH more efficient and never has one line idle waiting for the other to finish.

-Mark