Why the problem of getting 6 rounds in?..

Del K. Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 09:12:16 AKST 2004

Thanks Ed..
    I do start to see a common thread because I mostly fly at local events within 300 miles I have never ran into those problems. Events I've run we normally had a ramrod who made sure the pilots new they were in readybox 1 , 2 , or 3. If we saw their plane and not pilot we would start asking and searching. Granted it does keep everyone on their toes but seems to be what is expected. Some events only have 16 or 18 but others have 35 to 38 and still get 6 rounds in unless weather becomes an issue. Judges are juggled in flight order and judging duties to accommodate a quick rollover to next round of flying as much as practical. That issue is easier to deal with a large balanced turnout and small turnouts there is time to play/waste.

                             del
               NSRCA - 473