Why the problem of getting 6 rounds in?..

Ed Deaver Divesplat1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 26 04:57:50 AKST 2004

Hey Del. The biggest culprit here is:
1)  The sun, in Alb 4:00 is getting dangerous and in most of the central Tx events, getting started prior to 9:30 is pretty bad and simply flying a sillohette.
2)  We have had some pretty big contests the past 2 years
3)  Pilots not being started and ready during the previous flight and landing procedure(doesn't seem like much but 2-3 minutes per pilot/ 15  pilots a flight line and 3-4 rounds equals1.5 hours of wasted time or more on Sat.)

Sadly however, I've seen it becoming excepted to only fly 5 rounds rather than pushing for 6.

ed