Why the problem of getting 6 rounds in?..

David Gundling DGundling at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 25 18:31:34 AKST 2004

Message text written by INTERNET:discussion at nsrca.org
>I have read a couple of posts on the list about that leave me puzzled why
some are not getting 6 rounds in at contests they attend.

    1.) The attendance is so large to not allow everyone a chance to get
their rounds in?
    2.) Is weather the culprit?
    3.) It is only a 1 day contest?
    4.) Only 1 flight line allowed?
    5.) Restrictive field not allowing flying to start early or fly into
late afternoon?

    The only times I personally have seen contest decided on less than 6
rounds was because of weather issues. Even with full rain day still often
get in 4 rounds.
    TIA for your replies.
<

Del,

Haven't competed in a couple of years due to lack of practice time.
However, here in southern CA, 35 people competing wasn't uncommen. 2 lines,
17 in each, about 10 minutes a flight equals about 3 hours a round. Makes
for about a nine hour day at best. Would run faster the second day as a few
would drop out and everyone knew the drill by then.

Dave
# discussion-request at nsrca.org