Battery Cyclers......need help

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Sun Jan 25 15:58:06 AKST 2004

Alpha 4
Ed M.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Gausby
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 11:37 AM
  Subject: RE: Battery Cyclers......need help

  Hi Eric......The reason i didn't mention the standard Accucycle is due to it's top charge rate listed at 125 mah for a timed 15 hour charge. I'm leary about charging the big packs (1700-1800 mah) at this rate and not getting a full charge before the auto discharge cycle kicks in........hence an inaccurate capacity rating. That's why i was picking the Accucycle Plus.........I read that it's based on a faster peck detection charge which should handle the larger packs ,and l like the triple cycle feature.

  I wish someone would make a cycler with a varible charge rate (for C10 charging) that will handle all nicad and nimh batts....Maybe there is such an animal out there.

  Yes....You are correct......It's for home / bench use only......................J