Artistic Aerobatics

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 19:16:58 AKST 2004

Thanks, Eric, and you're correct in that I don't understand why all the
AMA classes cannot be treated under the same rules/time schedules.  Or,
put another way, I am having trouble seeing how/why AMA procedures
create a rift in classes.
And, not to belabor the point, I fail to see why, if schedules had been
submitted for all classes at the same time, that new schedules couldn't
have been adopted in the same time frame.
As far as the Annex goes, while it may seem to  be a panacea, (and I am
all for the Annex) it seems to me that a mindset that will make equal
all the schedules (and those flying them) will still be required.  To
date, I have yet to see that mindset  in the words and deeds of the
Masters/FAI flyers whose prominence seems to  dictate to the lower
classes.  Possibly this is inevitable; I don't know.  And, maybe I'm
wrong.  I would sure like to be proven so.  BTW: I'm not trying to start
a class war here; just trying to improve the sport.  Possibly we can
regain some of the membership that we have lost over the past few years.
Bill Glaze